Ultimate Guide to Allegiant Airlines flights
Allegiant Air history
Allegiant Airlines: Earlier known as West Jet Express, allegiant air was founded in 1997 under the leadership of Mitch Alle (CEO), Jim Patterson (President) and Dave Beadle (Chief Pilot). In 1998 allegiant air started scheduled services after receiving FAA and DOT certification for scheduled and chartered domestic flights and adopting its new name to Allegiant Air. In the beginning scheduled service started between Las Vegas and its main hub Fresno, California on October 15, 1998 with two jetliners. Almost after a year in mid 1999 Allegiant air was flying nonstop between FAT to LAS (Fresno to Las Vegas), FAT to BUR (Fresno to Burbank), FAT to RNO (Fresno to Lake Tahoe), LAS to RNO ( Las Vegas to Lake Tahoe).
Allegiant air kept growing by adding new nonstop and one stops flights in 2000 after WinAir Airline closed in later 1999. Allegiant air started nonstop services from a small hub in Long Beach, California and started nonstop flights between LGB to LAS (Long Beach, to Las Vegas) & LGB to FAT( Long Beach to Fresno) further expanding its nonstop services between LGB to RNO(Long Beach to Lake Tahoe), also adding more flights and expanding to Portland, Oregan and Reno, Navada.
In 2005 Allegiant Travel Company completed private equity placement and began trading on NASDAQ as “ALGT” at the end of 2006. Allegiant Air expended in 2006 with 21 Fleet and started flying nonstop to and from almost 40 small focused cities. Today, Allegiant air headquarter at Las Vegas, Nevada with over 4000 employees helping company to offer world class low airfare to almost 350 routes across the country and other travel related products such as hotels and car rentals which can be purchased through official website. You can find more about Allegiant air investors, events, charters, media and much more on their official website here.
Allegiant Air Reservation With BargainAirTicket.com
You can book allegiant airlines flight deals through their official site or through Bargainairticket for best deals on allegiant airline flights. Bargainairticket offers you simple compare tool to find the best available deals on your flights. You can now compare every airline with few simple clicks and get the same or even better pricing as on allegiant air official website. You can find more about how to book best allegiant airline flight deals on Bargainairticket below in this article. Consider few details before booking Allegiant air flights for best discounted deals.
Allegiant Airlines Recognition & Awards
- Recognized with Women’s Choice Award for 2017 – Allegiant received extraordinary recommendations from their female customers in a customer satisfaction survey conducted by Women Certified Inc.
- Allegiant CEO received the 2015 Tony Jannus Award for Accomplishments in Aviation Industry Chairman & CEO Mauray Gallagher of Allegiant Airlines proves that an unstable economy and fluctuating fuel costs cannot hold his business from becoming a success.
- Airline serves a unique business model which provides pocket friendly air service in non profitable markets nationwide, allowing new customers to take vacations through company’s wide travel options.
Allegiant Air Fleet
The airline once started with subtype of MD-80 series and then upgrading to Boeing 757-200 aircrafts in 2010 now has a complete upgraded family of Airbus 319-100 and Airbus 320-200 as per Allegiant air official site current Allegiant air fleet consist of
|Airbus 319-100||31 in service|
|Airbus 320-200||44 in service|
Planespotters.net says current Airbus 319-100 are 37 in number and 1 in future order and around 54 Airbus A320 and 5 in future orders. All 6 Boeing 757-200 retired along with older McDonnel Douglas Dc – 9 and McDonnel Douglas MD- 80. You can get more data about allegiant current and historical fleet on Allegiant air official website or at planespotters.net.
How can I save more on allegiant airline flights?
- Always check allegiant airline deals section before booking your flights
- Subscribe with Allegiant air for their latest deals and offers
- Always book in advance to avoid last minute hike in price
- Apply for Allegiant World Master card for earning points on all travel products and use toward your next purchase. You can find more about Allegiant world master card below in this article or you can jump to the article.
- Join my Allegiant Rewards to save more on your flights.
- You can subscribe for our fare alert and be the first one to know when the price drops for your specific flight, know more about our fare alert and sign up today!
- Look for the allegiant airline updated promo codes to save more. Find out more on allegiant airline promo code and how to use promo code for more savings.
Book Allegiant Air Flights
The process of booking Allegiant Air flights is very easy and simple. There are three options by which you can book Allegiant Air flights.
You can search for your travel destination on Bargainairticket and compare flight prices with different airlines and even with major suppliers. Additionally, you can also call our expert advisor over the phone on 1-866-746-5265 and they will assist you in finding the best and cheapest air flights without charging any additional booking fees.
You can also visit Allegiant Air official website and search for your flight but unfortunately you would not be able to compare the prices between different airlines or suppliers. Moreover, you can also call the Allegiant Air travel agents on 702-430-3283 and book it over the phone but there will be a booking fee applied.
Lastly, you can directly go to the airport and book the Allegiant Air flights directly over the counter. But understand there are some deals and offers which are only available when you book online and in advance.
We would recommend you to book your Allegiant Air flights tickets in advance to compare the prices and get the best deals. Also, you can use the fare alert features available on many travel websites and the same feature is available with Allegiant Air as well. They have a dedicated section on their website “Deals” where you can find both travel deals as well as vacation deals. Likewise you can also sign up for their fare alerts with Bargainairticket and can either select your fixed destination or keep it open, they will send you the best deals on a daily basis. The best thing about Bargainairticket is that you can get deals not only for your specific destination but you can tend to keep it open to receive the best and cheapest deals globally. You will not have the hassle of subscribing to every other airlines/websites, with Bargainairticket it will be single platform to offer you some great deals and with them you can book Allegiant Air flights or any other airlines too.
Allegiant Airlines Reservations
Allegiant Airlines reservation can be made by either with Bargainairticket or booking directly with Allegiant Air or at the airport. Once you have made the reservation you will receive the airline confirmation via email. You can check your Allegiant Airlines reservations by accessing it via “Manage Travel” using the confirmation number or by last 4 digits of your card used for the payment. Also you can make changes to your reservation in the “Manage Travel” section. You can either cancel or change to an itinerary your Allegiant Airlines reservations. You can also choose your seats but that will cost you. Allegiant Airlines will randomly assign the seat if you are not willing to pay extra. However, there are few things which you should keep in mind after making Allegiant Airlines reservations.
Your Allegiant Airlines reservation is non-refundable after 24 hours of purchase. If you need to cancel the reservation, a credit voucher will be issued under your name. Also, itineraries cannot be changed within 7 days of departure and no credit will be issued unless you have purchased the Trip Flex plan. In order to get the full refund for your Allegiant Airlines reservation, make sure you cancel it within 24 hours of booking.
As per the Allegiant Airlines reservation, a passenger is only allowed with one personal item. If you are taking any carry-on or checked baggage then you will need to pay extra for that. You can make the payment of the baggage either online or at the airport.
To get the boarding pass for your Allegiant Airlines reservation, you can either do the online check-in (which opens up 24 hours before the flight scheduled time) and take a print out of the boarding pass afterwards. Also you can retrieve the boarding pass digitally on the Allegiant Airlines mobile app. Please note that a $5 fee will be applied in case you print your boarding pass at the airport.
Where do I book Allegiant Airlines flight?
You can simple click search flight button below and start comparing flights for the best price, we’ll show you all allegiant air flights available for your travel. Additionally, you can also compare alternative airlines flying to your destinations to make sure you are getting the best price.
- You can visit allegiant air official website if you wish to search only allegiant air flights & not compare alternative airlines for more options to save money.
- The traveler can call allegiant airline reservations number at 702-430-3283 ( additional fees may apply ) or you can call our flight hotline at 1-866746-5265 for allegiant airline flight reservations and our travel experts will assist you find the best flight deals for no additional fee to book on phone.
- You can book allegiant airline flights at the airport during ticketing hours however be advised certain deals and offers are only available when you book online and in advance. We recommend to search and book in advance for best offers and deals on allegiant airline flights. Learn how to book best allegiant air flights on Bargainairticket.
Is there any booking fee with allegiant airline?
There is no booking fee if you book through allegiant official website or through Bargainairticket for best allegiant airline deals. If you prefer to call allegiant call centre and book there will be a $14.99 per person , per segment booking fee. You can also avoid that call centre fee by calling Bargainairticket flight deal hotline at 1-866-746-5265 and book allegiant flight for no additional booking fee. Additionally, every reservation made online or through call center includes electronic carrier usage charges which is $18 per person, per segment but you can avoid this when making booking through Bargainairticket website.
What amenity does allegiant airline offers?
Allegiant airline does not offer many amenities such as lounge, WiFi, in flight entertainment or free seating being a low cost carrier, except in flight refreshments and service which is a paid option too. You can buy alcohol, mixed drinks, beverages and snacks starting for $3 to $7 for mixed drinks and beer. You can not bring your own alcohol on board as allegiant says as per FAA you can not do so and only consume alcohol purchased through allegiant air. Also, please make sure you have your credit or debit card handy if you wish to buy food on board allegiant air does not accept any form of payment other than major credit or debit card. You can take a look at allegiant menu and find more details here.
Allegiant air cabin class
Allegiant airline does not offer a first or business class seats at the moment. It’s in the news that allegiant is testing premium economy on select Los Angeles A320 Flights. We’ll keep you posted on any new findings about allegiant airline in our allegiant news section below.
Does allegiant offer any Military discount?
Yes, Allegiant offers discounted fares and special free services to U.S active duty military, veterans, members of national guards and their spouse or dependents. If you fall under any of the above category and you have valid identification you can claim some great discount and following benefits on allegiant air flight. Benefits are different for active military personnel and veterans and also for their spouses and dependents.
Who is considered as U.S active duty and National Guard?
- Availability of valid active military ID , uniformed service id card.
- Service any United States military branch.
Benefits for U.S active duty and National Guard
You can change your flight and won’t be charged and change or cancellation fee dues to change in military orders , you must contact allegiant customer service for change at 702-505-8888.
- 1 Pet in cabin is allowed for no charge.
- You can carry up to 3 checked bags not exceeding 100 lbs each bag. No charge for over sized checked bag and you are also allowed to carry –on 1 bag within limit for no charge. You can find baggage limit in our allegiant baggage policy category below this page.
- No fee for printing boarding pass at the airport so you save $5.
- No additional fee for priority boarding and you get free seat assignment.
Are you a U.S military veteran and Spouse or dependent of U.S active duty and National Guard, if yes you can also get certain benefits outlined below?
- You can carry up to 3 checked bags not exceeding 40 lbs each bag. No charge for oversized checked bag and you are also allowed to carry-on 1 bag within limit for no charge. You can find baggage limit in our allegiant baggage policy category below this page.
- 1 Pet in cabin is allowed for no charge
- No fee for printing boarding pass at the airport so you save $5
- Free seat assignment
You must show valid credentials such as veteran ID card, drivers license with a logo saying military service or a DD form 214. Dependents must show a military dependent ID card
Allegiant Air for Passengers with Special Needs
Allegiant airline have a list of guidelines for passengers with special needs. You can travel with emotional support animals and psychiatric service animal under certain guidelines and after producing documents required by allegiant airline 45 minutes before boarding, so if you are travelling with service animals make sure to be at the allegiant ticket counter and be early to the airport to complete the formalities. You can download the list documents and forms required here. We have listed few guidelines as per allegiant air for updated information always visit Allegiant Passenger Special Need section.
- Allegiant does not allow pit-bull type breeds.
- Service animal must be accommodated in disable passengers foot space, in case animal is oversize please purchase additional seat for animal size.
- For emotional and psychiatric support animal please present completed forms to the allegiant staff at the airport, you can download these forms from here . You would need Veterinary health form for animal, Mental health professional form and animal behavior & responsibility form. Also, remember these documents are required for every segment of your flight, so make sure to keep a copy of documents.
How allegiant airline does handle passengers in case of flight delays and cancellations by airlines?
Like every other airline on the planet allegiant airline have few policies in place to deal with flight delays and cancellation because of any issues whatsoever. Allegiant air says they handle flight delay and rescheduling with priority and will help you get to your destination asap in case of flight delay and cancellation.
We recommend always checking your flight status 24hours before your flight departure time to make sure there is no flight delay and if there is then you get time to make changes to your plans. You can check Allegiant air flight status section of this article to learn more about tracking flight status.
Some points to remember:
- In case of weather advisory you can only re-book for another allegiant flight for later date not cancel and get a refund. Please make sure to contact allegiant customer service within 7 days of original departure date.
- Flights can be delayed or cancelled because of weather conditions at the destination airport or along the way even if weather at departure airport looks fine to fly.
- Allegiant air won’t buy you tickets on other airlines in case of allegiant flight reschedule to another day or cancel. You can either choose to take the rescheduled flight ( in this case, you just need to check in and get new boarding pass) or cancel the ticket and take the refund for unused segment of your flight or you may change your flight to a different date in the future without paying any change fee and difference in fare, you can do this online from manage travel option by allegiant or choose to contact allegiant customer service.
- Always check travel alert section of allegiant airline for any travel alert update.
Is there any discounted rate for group travel by allegiant air?
Like every other airline you can book up to 9 passengers in single itinerary for over 9 passengers allegiant require you to make multiple reservations. If you are travelling in large groups or interested in allegiant charter service you can fly to many destinations across North America, Mexico and Caribbean Island where normal allegiant flights don’t operate. You can choose your departure airport, time of departure and even all services in the aircraft such as catering, allegiant will assist you with the complete process to book your first allegiant charter service or group travel. You can contact allegiant airline for group travel at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Benefits of Allegiant group travel or charter flights
- You select your own departure airport
- Select your departure time
- Select catering
- 24/7 support and complete process assistance
- Fly any destination in North America, Canada, Mexico and Caribbean Island
- Select your own aircraft model from airbus fleet
Good to know information before you book allegiant charter flights or group travel.
- Travel during off peak season costs less, including Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Saturdays and nighttime
- You quoted price will include baggage fee, catering and airport services
- You will be responsible for complete charter fuel expense
- If you wish to book entire fleet and sell seats to public you can do so if you meet requirements from DOT which can be found here.
How to book group travel or charter flights with allegiant air?
Allegiant name change within 7 days of flight
Allegiant name change within 7 days of flight is possible. But it depends on what type of change is requested by the traveler. However the transfer of air ticket is not possible. As per the Allegiant airline official terms and conditions ticket transfer is allowed. But traveler can make a change the last name or correction in the name spelling. After doing this traveler or his/ her travel agency/ partner must contact the officials for the same request. Traveler must enter in the flight as per the best ID details available on the government-issued photo ID.
If you are unable to do this then simple cancel your flight under manage travel section available on the official site. Refunds and other process will be completed by airline as per the predefined terms and conditions. Traveler should go through the terms and conditions for better understanding.
Earn Reward Points with Allegiant World MasterCard Credit Card powered by Discover
You can save more on allegiant flights by signing up for allegiant world master card and by using allegiant promo and deals which you can find in our article below on allegiant promo codes. We have outlined few details below about allegiant world master card for more detailed information and to apply you can visit Allegiant air website or bank of American website.
- Earn 3 reward points for every $1 on Allegiant Purchase of air, hotel, car rental & attractions.
- Get 2 reward points for every $1 on qualifying dining purchase.
- Earn 1 reward point for every $1 on all other purchases.
- Your earn points never expires.
- Allegiant world master card has average customer rating of 4.3. Find out what customer says about allegiant master card here.
- Allegiant world master card is issued and administered by Bank of America
Points to consider before applying Allegiant World Master card powered by Discover
|Offers||What’s in it for you|
|Welcome Bonus||Earn 15000 bonus points, after you make $1000 purchase within first 90 days of account opening.|
|Added Bonus||Complimentary priority boarding and one free beverage every time you fly with Allegiant. Free Complimentary Ticket, every time you purchase a vacation package from Allegiant for 4 or more nights at a hotel or 7 or more days on car rental in single itinerary. No Foreign Transaction FeesYour points never expire|
|How can you redeem points||Points can only be redeemed at allegiant.com for airfare, hotels & car rentals. No limit on minimum points redemption.|
|Points Value||Every Point earned = 1 cent|
|First Baggage Free||No|
|Annual Percentage Rate (APR)||16.99 % – 24.99% based on your credit worthiness|
|Late Fees & Returned Payment||Upto $28 & upto $39 respectively.|
Allegiant Airline Customer Service (Contact Details)
Allegiant airline reservations phone number 24/7: 702-505-8888
Write to Allegiant Airline – Allegiant Travel Company
ATTN: Customer Relation, P.O Box 371477,Las Vegas, NV 89137
Allegiant Airline Live Chat: Available from Monday – Friday | 6 am – 6 pm PST
Allegiant Airline Social Media
You can reach allegiant by email, phone and on social media for questions, service and complains. Nowadays every company is active on social media and it’s a great platform to reach a higher level of management in case you have any feedback, reviews or any concern related to products and services. Below we have listed links to social media accounts for allegiant air.
Allegiant Airline Check in & Boarding pass
You must check in to your flight before you go through TSA and board your flight. Check in is one of the most important parts of boarding a flight and it should not be complicated for first time travellers. We have highlighted important points to remember while check in and boarding flights. Usually, it’s similar for every airline but differ in terms of fee and ways to check in.
How do I check in to allegiant flight & get boarding pass?
- You can check in advance – Available 24 hours prior to departure time and up until 45 minutes before departure time.
- Bring printed Boarding pass or use paperless allegiant mobile app
- Bring government issued ID
You can check in advance here available 24 hours prior to departure time and up until 45 minutes before departure time. It’ll ask you for confirmation # , email or debit/credit card you used to make reservation in order to allow you to access your flight details and check in along with your first and last name as you mentioned while making reservation ( always mention names as it appears on your government issued id).
Once you access your itinerary it will allow you to check in and print your free boarding pass. Always, print paper boarding pass or better you download allegiant mobile app for paperless boarding pass and help the environment as well. If you fly allegiant frequently mobile app can be very handy to check in and boarding pass also it will help you get your flight related alerts and new deals and offers alert too.
Mobile App check in:
You can check in and download free boarding pass using allegiant mobile app, it’s free and gets you more benefits if you travel allegiant frequently.
Check In at the Airport ($5 each boarding pass fee):
Always check in advance if you are not required to check in at the airport in some cases airline would like you to check in at the airport and waive off check in fee ($5) but if that’s not the case and you miss to check in advance you are supposed to pay $5 each boarding pass at the airport, allegiant mobile app comes handy in such a situation as you can access your phone and check in using allegiant app until 45 minutes before flights departure.
When should I arrive at the airport?
We recommend arriving at the airport at least 2 hours prior to your flight departure time. If you have completed online check in and downloaded boarding pass you save some time and of course $5 each boarding pass in such case please go through TSA before you arrive at the designated gate, if you are flying with checking bag then please locate allegiant airline counter and check in bag at the counter before moving to TSA security area (checked bag must be taken to ticket counter one hour prior to flight or no more than two hours in advance).
We recommend always paying for your carry on and checked bag in advance using online or allegiant mobile app to avoid cue at the airport and also save money on baggage, always remember it’s costly to pay for baggage at the airport and it is inconvenient on top of it, you can find more details regarding allegiant baggage policy here
Does Allegiant offer Priority Boarding?
Yes, you can purchase priority boarding pass that allows you to board the plan before other passengers. It’ll cost you $4 to $12 as per the allegiant airline official website.
Allegiant Airline Flight Status
Flight schedule (Allegiant Airline Flight Status) changes many times and to make sure you don’t miss your flight because of schedule change airlines always send you email notifications, still we suggest you to check your flight status at least 24 hours before your flight departure to make sure there is no schedule change and to make sure you arrive at the airport at least 2 hours prior to your departure for smooth check in process. You can track you flight status at allegiant airline website here or you can download several apps to track flight status from any airline in the world flight aware is one of such tools. You can check allegiant flight status by entering date, departure airport and arrival airport or by entering date and flight number.
Allegiant Promo Code
Allegiant Airline Promo codes can save you a lot of money on everything you buy offline or online, most of the companies offer Allegiant Airline promo codes to attract new customers and deep discounted promo codes for their loyal customers. While your travel planning flight tickets are one of the most important decisions where you spend most of your money as flight tickets get pretty expensive, we will explain to you a few ways to find best allegiant promo codes for more discounts when you checkout and confirm your allegiant flights. You might have seen these tricks and tips on many online websites but many fail to explain this in brief and point out powerful resources to find out best allegiant promo code or any airline promo codes for more savings.
So, let’s start and we will make sure at the end of this article you will have strong knowledge to find these promo codes by yourself and save yourself a lot of money on allegiant flights.
How to find Allegiant Promo Code?
Finding Allegiant Airline promo code should not be a tiring task, allegiant airline promo codes are simple to find online as these are published through many reputed coupon sites such as dealscove.com, Retailmenot.com, kouponkabla.com.
Allegiant also send them directly to your email if you are a subscriber
You can also bookmark this page and watch this space for latest allegiant promo codes we update for our readers weekly.
You can also subscribe for allegiant promo code and flight deal notification straight to your browser or phone here and never miss on savings again.
Latest Allegiant Promo Codes
We update this section weekly for latest allegiant promo codes and discounted sales offer, please note allegiant airline may not have a specific promo code published online but some discounted deals which we will publish on this page weekly, if you don’t see promo codes here on top of deals you can also visit coupon sites we mentioned above to find additional promo codes or sign up for allegiant email newsletter to be the first one to receive allegiant promo codes and deals. Please bookmark this page and check weekly for updates or sign up for allegiant air promo code and deals for weekly notifications now.
|CVG||AUS||$69||Limited seats!Risk Free you can cancel within 24hr’sRate sampled from 11/15/2019 through 11/29/2019 include all taxes and fees|
|CVG||CHS||$55||Limited seats!Risk Free you can cancel within 24 hr’sRate sampled from 10/12/2019 through10/26/2019 include all taxes and fees|
SOURCE:These deals are found on Allegiant official website on 09-17-2019 this may not be available at the time of booking, all fares are one way tickets. We update this section weekly for latest allegiant promo codes. Find promo codes for other airlines
How to find allegiant airline flight and redeem allegiant airline Promo Codes?
If you have used online websites to book your flights, hotels or any travel product you might have seen promo code box on the checkout page. I did try to book an allegiant flight using Bargainairticket and this is where I can see option to enter promo code and save money. Check all steps below
- Starts your flight search on Bargainairticket, from header change your country if it’s already not showing the correct one. Once you update your country it will auto updated currency to show prices in your home currency. Fill out your Origin and Destination, dates and number of travelers and hit Search.
- It will take a few seconds to updated results for you, once results are loaded, use filters to deselect all airline but allegiant airline ( please make sure allegiant airline does not have flights operating every day, sometimes you won’t find allegiant flights available on your selected dates ,if you are flexible with the travel dates try to search other dates or search Bargainairticket based on airline).
- Deselect all airlines except allegiant air and results will update in seconds to show only allegiant flights.
- Click on View deal to see best deals available on allegiant flights, Bargainairticket will show your results from multiple suppliers and airlines for best price unlike official airline website where you won’t have the ability to compare prices and see who is offering the best price for your selected flights. In this example allegiant airline has the cheapest price directly compared to kiwi.com , another travel agent offering allegiant flight through Bargainairticket.com.
- Click on Book now button in front of allegiant air and if you don’t see allegiant air official site on Bargainairticket.com for your specific dates try changing your travel dates if you are flexible or search by airline to see if allegiant fly on those specific dates.
- You can also search allegiant air official website for your travel dates and see if they are offering flights on those dates directly without publishing on Bargainairticket. However, always compare allegiant flights offers from different online travel agents like kiwi.com as sometimes they offer you better deals compared to airline directly because of bulk fares they purchase from airline (that’s what we think at least).
- Once you click book now it will redirect you to allegiant air flight detail page where you can double check flight details and click on continue, it’ll show you different options to add to the cart, see if you want to add them like hotels and car hire, if not then just click No, thanks at the bottom of the page and it will take you to the page where you can fill out travelers information (spend some time here very carefully with all details ) and click on continue to move on seat selection and baggage page (you can find more about allegiant airline seat selection and allegiant airline baggage policy in this article below )
- Now once you are on Payment page where you can fill out card details to checkout allegiant airline will start showing you different options to save money and earn rewards on your flight selection such as Trip flex and Allegiant world Master card, understand the benefits of Trip flex and Allegiant Master card below in this article and see if you would like to sign up before checkout for maximum benefits, if not just fill out your card details and confirm booking, before you do so check promo code option on allegiant air checkout page and enter promo code you have found.
Allegiant airlines cancellation policy
If you are a frequent flyer I am sure you must be aware of Allegiant Airline cancellation policy, almost every airline has a cancellation fee around the world with few exceptions such as Southwest Airlines and Frontier airlines joining the club recently with few terms and conditions in place. I am going to explain you allegiant cancellation policy in brief today and few tips to avoid allegiant cancel or change fee. Allegiant airlines is one of the affordable and well service oriented airlines in the united states offering flights to over 100+ destinations at very attractive prices, allegiant air offers many deals and offers from time to time to help you save even more on your flights. However, it’s very important to be familiar with allegiant airline cancel policy before you book your tickets.
What is allegiant airline cancellation policy?
As per allegiant airline official website all purchases of travel including flights, hotels, auto, baggage, seats, tripflex and even taxes are non refundable with some exceptions, so you have to pay a change or cancellation fee on almost everything you purchased. You can cancel allegiant airline reservation online or by calling allegiant customer service at 702-505-8888.
- You can cancel allegiant airline reservation within 24 hours from your initial booking date and time like any other airline in the United States. However, if you booked a flight departing within one week you won’t be eligible for any refund though you can still get a credit voucher for future use.
- $75 per passenger, per segment applies if you choose to cancel your allegiant airline reservation after 24 hours of your initial reservation and if you have not booked a flight departing within a week from your initial reservation date. Allegiant airline will issue a non refundable future credit after deducting cancellation, carrier charges and booking fees which can be used to travel with ONLY allegiant airline.
- No future credit will be issued in case of No show or cancellation within 7 days of flight departure.
How to avoid allegiant air/ Allegiant Airlines cancellation fee?
Always be aware of cancellation and change fee before your book your flights
While making your allegiant airline reservation carefully understand allegiant cancellation policy and set proper expectations in case of cancellation to avoid any disappointment later. Always check if your tickets are restricted since airlines are free to set restrictions on different airfares it’s always good to understand your fare restrictions in advance, most of the discounted tickets will have restrictions such as non refundable, no change allowed, seat assignment and much more you can read more about Restrictions on ticket in our detailed article. Compare other airlines such as Southwest Airlines and Frontier airline if you think you might have to change or cancel flights. You can also bookmark this page for update on allegiant air cancellation policy or check allegiant airline official website for latest updates before confirming your allegiant flight.
Always remember you have 24 hours policy
After your tickets are confirmed you may want to change it for different reasons like you made an error while booking, you booked the wrong date or made spelling mistakes in your name or may be your plan changed. As per DOT guidelines you can cancel your airline tickets for full refund or can make changes without any fee within 24 hours of initial date and time of booking. Allegiant airline has a different policy where they only allow cancellation and change without fee if your flight is not departing within 7 days of initial booking.
Wait until the last minute before changing or cancelling
If you have change in plan and you have determined that you cannot avoid change or cancel fee for any reason, I recommend you to wait until 7 days are left in your flight departure in case of allegiant airline and 24 hours left of your departure date in case of other national airline. You never know airlines might have schedule changes, flight delay or cancellation that will help you get a refund or change your flight without any fee, if nothing like this happens always remember to cancel or change your flights before departure.
Checks if you fall into the cancellation fee waived.
Before you cancel or change your flight and pay $75 allegiant cancellation fee, find out if you are eligible for cancellation fee waiver. In case of airline schedule change, or flight delay for more than a couple of hours airlines allow you to get full refund or change your flights without any change fee. You can contact allegiant airline customer service at 702-505-8888
Round trip or one way ticket
If you are planning a round trip journey but you book two one way tickets and in case you have to change both your departure and return flights you’ll be paying separate cancellation fee to allegiant airline, always book round trip ticket so in case you have to change departure and return date you will be paying just one change or cancellation fee. On the other hand if you are not sure of your travel plans and if you think your return date can change, book one way ticket to avoid change or cancellation fee.
Consider buying allegiant air Tripflex
TripFlex will allow you to change your flight itinerary once or even change your travel dates without paying allegiant airline change or cancel fee of $75 each way per passenger. You can read detailed information on allegiant airline TripFlex below in this article.
What is Allegiant air Trip Flex ?
For a nominal fee, you can purchase Allegiant Airline Trip flex with every new ticket or Itinerary, to help protect the future uncertainty.
- You can save on allegiant change fees of $75 fee each way per passenger.
- Customer can cancel your air ticket 1 hour prior to the scheduled departure.
- You can make changes to vacation packages 72 hrs or more prior to scheduled departure. Changes to original allegiant flight may be eligible for a refund. (Differences in airfare, hotel, and car rental shall be borne by the customer.)
- Cancellation of full itinerary must be completed 72 hrs or more prior to scheduled departure.
- You can cancel Trip flex within 24 hrs of your purchase. A full refund will be initiated if done through phone with Customer Care, if done online then a credit voucher will be issued for future travel.
- Allegiant Airlines retains carrier charges, cost of Tripflex & any other booking fees when initiating a refund.
- Benefits of Tripflex can only be used once.
- If you want to cancel Tripflex you can only do it within 24 hrs of your purchase for a full refund.
How much Trip Flex cost?
- You can purchase trip flex on the payment page trip flex cost may differ depending on the travel product, allegiant airline gives you exact details at the payment page before checkout.
- Flight only or car package for per person, per segment will cost you $8 to $20.
- Hotel Packages or itinerary with different products per person will cost you $20 to $40.
Allegiant Airline Baggage
Since allegiant is one of the low cost carriers in the united states offering very affordable nonstop flights to 100+ destinations under Allegiant Airline Baggage Policy. To keep their service remarkable and to keep prices low on fares allegiant airline charges passengers for every carry on or checked bag unlike national airline like American Airlines, United Airlines, Delta airline and many more which allow passengers free carry-on bag. I am going to briefly explain allegiant airline baggage policy in this article today and, we also make sure we update this post as soon we see any changes in allegiant baggage policy to keep this information current and useful for our readers. You can bookmark this page and sign up for notification we will notify you when there is any update to this page so that you don’t miss out on any information ever.
Allegiant airline Personal Baggage
Allegiant airline allows every passenger to bring one personal item for no cost. There are certain restrictions to the Size and weight with certain specifications to the personal item.
- Size Limit – (7 in. x 15 in. x 16 in). (17.8 cm x 38.1 cm x 40.6 cm) maximum
- Measurements includes wheels, pockets, handles and decorations
- Items like a Purse, Laptop, Small backpack, briefcase, camera bag and others if not exceeding size limit.
- Personal items must be stored underneath the seat in front.
- Cost to personal item – No cost / $0.
- Bags are priced per segment and as per routes.
- Over sized personal item will be charged airport baggage fee between $50 to $75 each segment, each bag.
Allegiant Airlines Carry- On Baggage
Allegiant airline allows one carry-On luggage in the cabin which is not free and cost up to $75 each bag, each segment. Here we have listed some good to know information about allegiant carry-On baggage policy.
- Size Limit – 9 in. x 14 in. x 22 in. (22.9 cm x 35.6 cm x 55.9 cm) maximum
- Cost between $10 to $75 each bag, each segment
- Baggage fee depends on the route you are flying, the number of segments and when the bag is booked (always book in advance for minimum fee, bag booked at the airports attracts highest fee)
- Measurements includes wheels, pockets, handles and decorations
- Additional charges for overweight or over sized and excess baggage may apply and carry-On bag can be considered as check bag and not allowed in cabin if specification exceed for Carry-ON
- Always Measure your bag carefully to avoid problems at the airport
- Over sized and excess carry-On baggage will be charged airport baggage fee between $50 to $75 each segment, each bag.
Allegiant Airlines checked Baggage
Allegiant airline allow up to four checked baggage per passenger and it cost different depending on route, segments and when bag is booked. Here we have listed some good to know information about allegiant checked baggage policy.
- Size Limit – 80 in. (203 cm) in height + width + length maximum.
- Weight Limit – 40 lbs (18 kg) each checked bag.
- No more than 5 bags per passenger.
- Bags more than 100 lbs not accepted.
- Baggage fee depends on route, segments and when checked bag is added. You can see a few example routes and baggage fee below and also use allegiant airline baggage fee calculator to understand baggage pricing in while planning your allegiant flights.
Allegiant airlines has different fee for overweight bag described below:
- Overweight between 40lbs to 70lbs will cost you additional $50.00 per segment
- Overweight checked bag between 71 to 100 lbs will cost you additional $75.00 per segment
- Oversized checked bag over 203 cm will cost additional $75.00 per segment
Few examples of allegiant baggage calculator, check allegiant airline baggage fee calculator for more details
|Route||At initial Booking||Before Departure||Airport||At initial Booking||Before Departure||Airport|
|Checked Bag 1-4||Checked Bag 1-4||Checked Bag 1-4||Carry-ONOnly 1||Carry-ONOnly 1||Carry-ONOnly 1|
|Las Vegas, NV TOAlbuquerque,NM||$25||$45||$50||$25||$45||$50|
|Las Vegas, NV TOAustin,TX||$25||$45||$50||$20||$45||$50|
|Las Vegas, NV TOFargo, ND||$30||$45||$50||$25||$45||$50|
|Las Vegas, NV TOGrands Rapids, MI||$38||$45||$50||$30||$45||$50|
Above is the updated allegiant airlines baggage fee for some routes from Las Vegas for example purpose, like above examples price differs as per route and segments and when bag is booked, allegiant air baggage calculator is a great toll to find out the exact cost in advance.
Can I carry disability & medical devices like wheelchair on allegiant air for free?
You can carry wheelchair, scooters and other mobility devices as check in luggage for no extra cost under certain federal terms and conditions, please be available at allegiant airlines ticket counter before your flight for the entire process.
- Removable parts should be placed in the overhead bin or under the seat if fits and meets safety requirements. You can find out more on safety requirements here.
- If wheelchairs contains any spill able battery or if the battery is not securely attached to wheelchair allegiant air wants to remove the battery from the wheelchair and package it separately.
- You can download wheelchair description form in advance here.
- They have certain guidelines regarding wet cell spill able batteries, dry cell batteries and lithium batteries you can find detailed information on allegiant website here under baggage section.
- You can carry on assertive and medical devices other than wheelchair and scooters if it fits in stored safely in cabin or can be sent in cargo with additional cost and won’t be counted as carry on or personal item.
Does Allegiant Air restrict certain articles to fly with?
Like every other airline allegiant air follows the TSA guidelines for restricted item to fly with, there is a long list of what and what not to carry in cabin or check in bag, it’s always useful to understand these restrictions and not to pack things you are not aware of. You can always contact allegiant customer service for any questions related to what not to pack if you are in doubt, if you need any clarification you can comment your questions below and we will answer those for you. I have highlighted a few important points below if you need detailed information regarding restricted articles on allegiant airlines please don’t forget to read out allegiant air FAQs regarding restricted articles here.
- Electronic devices are not permitted in checked bag such as laptops, smart phones, batteries, electronic cigarettes and more. These must be taken in cabin as carry on.
- Defense sprays are not permitted either as carry on or check in
- Explosives like crackers, fireworks, flare guns and others are restricted completely
- Electronic cigarettes can only be taken in carry-on bags or in personal bag and cannot be checked in
There is a complete list of restricted articles with different guidelines you must be familiar with before you take the flight, please educate yourself with as much information as you can using allegiant airlines FAQ’s section.
Can I carry sports equipment on allegiant flight?
Allegiant airlines allow you to carry sports equipment as a checked bag and charge you according to allegiant checked baggage policy. You can find more details about allegiant checked baggage cost in our checked baggage section. You can carry types of sporting equipment such as Bowling bag, Golf bag, Hockey Stick, Skates board and more for complete details please visit allegiant airline FAQ page.
I left some items in the Allegiant Airlines flight. Where can I find them?
You need to visit the airport the airport where the item was lost, if you left anything on aircraft it will be sent to local baggage department and will be held for 30 days. Customer have to claim lost items from the airport or take care of expenses to get it shipped to your address. You can download lost item.
In Cabin Pet Policy by Allegiant Airlines
Allegiant Airlines welcomes small Cats & Dogs only. The pets should be in an approved carrier at all times. No more than 2 pets per carrier are allowed. Please refer to the Carrier Requirements below. Passengers travelling with pets may not be seated in an exit row or one row before/after exit row or a seat in the bulkhead. A health certificate is not required. Adult passengers who are at least 15 years of age are permitted to bring 1 pet carrier.
- Must be leak – proof
- Should not be larger than 9 inches Height*16 inches Width*19 inches Depth.
- Carrier shall have proper ventilation and pets should be able to stand and turn around.
- Allegiant Airlines no longer accepts pit bull or pit bull type breeds for transport.
- Accompanying pets cannot be ill, aggressive or in physical distress.
- Only 1 pet carrier is allowed per paid passenger.
- Allegiant Airlines does not transport pets in Cargo Bin or Checked Baggage.
- Travel to international destinations and US territories including San Juan & Puerto Rico may not accept all pets. (For more details, please contact customer support at 702-505-8888)
Cost of travelling with pet – A fee of $100 will be charged one way with US & Canada.
Emotional Support/ Service Animals
Allegiant airlines welcomes domesticated Dogs, Cats and miniature Horses only. Restrictions for Emotional Support/ Service animals remain the same as normal pet policy. (Click here to read about restrictions).
|Type||Emotional Support Animals||Service Animals|
|Forms Required||Three Forms required:|
1. Veterinary Health Form
2. Mental Health Professional Form
3. Animal Behavior & Responsibility Form
|One Form required :|
1. Trained Service Animal Veterinary Health Form
|Only 1 support animal allowed per paid passenger||Upto 3 Service Animals allowed|
Passengers must check in with Allegiant Airlines agent at the ticket counter with completed documentation, at least 45 minutes prior to scheduled departure.
Click here to start Chat with Allegiant Agent https://www.allegiantair.com/contactus.
Allegiant Airlines Pregnancy Policy
Allegiant Airlines recommends that pregnant passenger consult a physician before flying. As quoted by airline –
“A pregnant woman will not necessarily need to occupy two seats if she can lower the armrest”.
Allegiant Airlines Routes
Allegiant airline fly affordable low cost flights in the United States, since 1997 allegiant airline has grown and currently operates out of 100+ airports. Airline offers only nonstop flights for affordable price. You can search allegiant flights using Bargainairticket search box or search by airline on Bargainairticket.
You can also use Bargainairticket map tool to check prices of allegiant flights on a map, to check allegiant air interactive route map click below on allegiant route map.
What are allegiant hubs?
Allegiant airlines fly to over 108 destinations in the United States offering regular flights from around 23 airports. Allegiant main hub airport is Las Vegas McCarran International Airport where allegiant airline headquarters as well. Apart from Las Vegas Orlando, Tampa, Fort Lauder-dale, Austin, Phoenix, Belling ham, Los Angeles are some of the major hubs for allegiant airline. We have listed all active and terminated allegiant airline routes below in interactive table. You can bookmark this page for the latest updates.
What are Allegiant airlines destinations and popular routes ?
Allegiant Airlines fly out of 128 airports in the United States as per allegiant airline latest route map data. Allegiant serves most destinations a couple of times a week.
- Las Vegas is one of the busiest airports for allegiant airline flying to over 56 destinations as of 2019 including Los Angeles as a seasonal destination.
- Phoenix/ Mesa, Arizona airport serves around 49 suburbs.
- Orlando /Sanford , Florida (SFB ) is one of the busiest airports serving over 70+ suburbs.
We have listed all origin airports and destinations with frequency of Allegiant Airlines in one of our separate articles allegiant airline destinations.
Source – https://www.allegiantair.com/route-map.
|Origin Airport||Destinations||Airport Code||Origin Airport||Destinations|
|Las Vegas||Albuquerque,NM||Austin, TX||Bismark,ND||Bozeman, MT|
|Cincinnati,OH||El Paso, TX||Los Angeles, LA|
|Fargo,ND||Idaho Falls, ID||Kalispell, MD||Laredo, TX|
|Fresno, CA||McAllen, TX/Montrerrey,MX||Memphis, TN||Missoula, MT|
|Grand Island, NE||Monterey, CA||Oakland/San Francisco, CA||Omaha, NE|
|Grands Rapids, MI||Peoria, IL||Rapid City, SD||Reno/Tahoe,NV|
|San Antoniao, TX||Shreveport, TX||South Bend, IN||Stockton,CS|
|Wichita,KS||Appleton/Green Bay,WI||Belleville,IL/Green Bay, WI||Billings, MT|
|Boise,ID||Cedar Rapids, IA||Des Moines, IA||Eugene, OR|
|Fort Collins,CO||Grand Folks,ND||Grand Junction,CO||Great Falls,MT|
|Indianapolis,IN||Knoxville,TN||Louisville, KY||Medford, OR|
|Minot, ND||Moline, IL||Nothwest Arkansas, Ar||Oklahoma City, OK|
|Pasco, WA||Phoenix/Mesa, AZ||Redmond,OR||Rickford,IL|
|Santa Maria, CA||Sioux falls, SD||Springfield, MO||Tulsa, OK|
|Orlando/Sanford,Fl||Albany, NY||Appleton/Green Bay,WI||Austin, TX||Belleville,IL|
|St. Louis, MO||Bloomington, IL||Chattanooga,TN||Clarksburg, Morgantown,WV|
|Columbus(Rickenbaker), OH||Dayton, OH||Elmira,Corning,NY||Fargo,ND|
|Fort Wayne,IN||Grand Raids, MI||Greenville/Spartanburg,SC||Hagerstown,MD|
|Hungtinton,WV||Knoxville,TN||Little Rock,AR||McAllen, TX/Monterrey,MX|
|Moline, IL||Newburgh, NY||Norfolk, VA||Ogdensburg,NY/Ottawa,ON|
|Omaha, NE||Peoria,IL||Plattsburgh, NY/Montreal, QC||Raleigh Durham,NC|
|Roanoke,VA||Rockford,IL||Sioux Falls, SD||Springfield/Branson, MO|
|Syracuse,NY||Traverse City,MI||Tulsa, OK||Allentown, PA|
Click here to get Ultimate Guide to United Airline/ UAL.