About Spirit Airlines
Spirit Airline History
Spirit Airline is an American ultra-low-cost carrier airline. Initially started as Clippert Trucking company in 1964, the company changed its name to Ground Air Transfer Inc., in 1974. Ned Homfled founded the airline service in 1983 as Charter One. Charter One became Spirit Airlines on May 29, 1992. Currently, the airlines is the seventh largest commercial airline in the United States. Spirit Airlines operates flights in the United States, the Caribbean and Latin America in 72 destinations. On a daily basis, more than 600 flights fly every day of the airlines.
- Atlantic City
- Chicago O’ Hare
- Dallas/Fort Worth
- Fort Lauderdale
- Las Vegas
Spirit Airline Awards
- Value Airline of the year (2019)
- Low cost airline of the year (2019)
Spirit Airline Fleet
- Airbus A319-100.
- Airbus A320 neo.
- Airbus A321-200.
Spirit Airlines Reservation
How to save more while booking Spirit Airline Flights
- Regularly check Spirit Airline deals.
- Subscribe to Spirit Airlines to receive updates from them regarding tickets and content.
- Book as early as you can.
- Apply for $9 Fare Club.
- Subscribe to us for Fare Alerts to get the best deals on your route on flight tickets.
- Look for Promo Codes.
How do I book Spirit Air flight tickets?
There are four ways in which you can buy flight tickets at Spirit Airlines:
- By visiting their official website to book tickets; Spirit Airlines.
- You can also call 1-801-401-2222 to book tickets for Spirit Airlines flights on the phone. Alternatively, you can call us at 1-866746-5265 (toll free) and let us help you with all your travel needs without any extra charge.
- You can use www. Bargainairticket.com or any other travel supplier to compare and book the best deals on flights. You can use the filters available at our website to make sure you’re only booking Spirit Airline flights.
- You can also buy tickets at the airport itself during ticketing hours.
Is there any booking fee with Spirit Airlines?
If you are booking online, Spirit Airlines charges around $17. However, if you book your flight from the counter, there are no additional costs.
What are the amenities offered by Spirit Airlines?
- Spirit Airlines does not offer any special amenities on account of it being an Ultra Low Cost Carrier. Its Bare Fare policy does not offer any complimentary refreshment or water bottle. However there is a menu available on board for paid refreshments aboard.
- Spirit Airlines does not offer any in-flight WiFi, video services or entertainment.
Spirit Air Military Discount
As the fares are already low, Spirit Airlines does not offer an additional Military Discount. However, the U.S. Military members do benefit from some services provided by Spirit Airlines.
Spirit Airline for Passengers with Special Needs
- To notify the airlines in case of any needs that you may have, you can either add that while booking the flight online, or through My Trips section in the official website in case you have already purchased your tickets. You can also call the Customer care services at contact center at 801-401-2222.
- The option of pre-boarding is available for passengers who require more time to settle in their seats while taking the flight. To avail this service, the passenger must inform the agent at the gate of their desire to preboard and be present at the gate prior to the boarding process.
- It is advisable to inform the onboard crew of visual or hearing impairment so that they are able to communicate the boarding instructions on a personal basis.
- The airline does not provide services such as assistance in the lavatories, eating or any other personal tasks both at the airport or onboard.
- Passengers are requested to travel with a personal safety or care assistant in case they need assistance with these functions, or if they are unable to understand any follow safety instructions while they are onboard.
- Spirit Airlines do provide with a Meet and Assist Service free of charge to passengers who are mobile but require assistance to or from the gate. Passengers requiring this service must ensure that they identify themselves to a Spirit representative upon arrival at the airport, at any stop-overs, and when arriving at your destination.
- Please note that while a Spirit representative will escort you to the gate, and check on you periodically, they are unable to assign someone to remain with you for the duration of your wait or travel. Should you not be present at the time of boarding, they will be unable to hold the flight to look for you.
How does Spirit Air handle passengers in case of cancellations or delays?
Spirit Airlines will find the next available flight for you and get you a ticket for free in case there is a cancellation or there is a delay.
In case of cancellation or misconnection, the airlines may offer overnight hotel accommodations for non-local customers, if rebooking options are available the next day. This option is only offered in case the airline is at fault for the cancellation. If the cancellation occurs due to severe weather, or any other issue outside of the airlines’ control, they do not offer any accommodations. To receive this service, it is advisable to contact the airline staff at the airport, and request this service from them.
Is there any discounted rate for travelling with a group?
While Spirit Airlines does not offer a discount on group travel, it does offer a single guaranteed price for all members. The guarantee in price for group travel exists for 24 hours.
Other good to know information about group travel:
- Confirm more than 10 seats without full payment for 60 days.
- Can make name changes free of cost upto 30 days before departure.
- Can avail ticketless travel
- Have a group travel specialist for your needs.
How to book group travel or chartered flights with Spirit Air
Bookings for group travel cannot be made on the phone. Please fill Spirit Airline’s Group Travel Form from here. The Airline will then send you a quote in less than 3 days along with the contact of a group specialist assigned to your group whom you can call with any questions regarding group travel. Keep your contract number or confirmation code handy when you call.
Spirit Airlines Credit Card
15,000 bonus miles after 1st purchase + 15,000 bonus miles after spending $500 in purchases within 90 days of your account opening. Flight redemption starting at only 2500 miles at $6 each.
Spend $10000 annually and win 5000 bonus Free Spirit miles.
Fees and Interest Rates
|Introductory APR||Standard APR||Annual Fee||Balance Transfer Fee|
|None||17.49% – 25.49% (Variable)||$59 $0 intro year fee||3% of transaction (min $10)|
Double miles earning on everyday purchases.
No blackout date on award tickets.
Apply for Spirit Airlines World MasterCard here.
Spirit Airline Customer Services
You can reach Spirit Airlines’ customer services either through Text or Whatsapp.
Leave a text at 48763 or send a Whatsapp message at 801-401-2222.
Spirit Airlines Social Media
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SpiritAirlines/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/spiritairlines
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/spiritairlines/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrOwgmAwcw8r8xs34RiIuJg
- Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/login_required/spiritairlines#_=_
Spirit Airlines Check In and Boarding Pass
You can choose to check in online at the official website of Spirit Airlines. Checking in online is free of cost, and the time valid for checking in starts 24 hours before departure and ends an hour prior to departure.
You can print your online boarding pass by selecting Check In toolbar when you at Spirit Airlines homepage.
If you choose to wait in line at the airport to print your boarding pass, a charge of $10 is added for the same.
Spirit Airline Flight Status
A tip: Always be aware of your flight status as flight times are subject to change. Check in early and keep all your documents handy.
Check your flight status upto 24 hours before your flight by visiting the Spirit Airlines homepage and selecting Flight Status tab. Enter your destination or flight number to know about your flight status.
Spirit Air Promo Codes
How can I find promo codes for my flights?
Subscribe here for Spirit Airlines promo codes and special deals.
Latest Promo Codes for Spirit Air
This section is updated weekly for Promo Codes for flights on Spirit Air. You can also sign up to the airline website directly and get deals that the airline crafts for you.
How to find Spirit Air flights and redeem Promo Codes?
Follow these easy steps to book flights aboard a Spirit Airline flight:
- Book tickets online to get deals on flights and find the best deal by comparing flight deals offered by various travel suppliers online.
- Use bargainairticket.com and find deals on flights listed out for you with a range of options.
- Fill out your travel information such as dates (return and departure) etc and click on find deals.
- When deals open up, in the airline filter, uncheck all airlines except spirit airlines and search again.
- When the screen refreshes, then you’ll find that it shows the deals only from spirit airlines. Find the deal that suits and book it through a secure payment gateway.
- You can also apply promo codes if you have them right before you book your tickets.
Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy
You can change or cancel your ticket within 24 hours of booking it without any extra charge.
|Ticket Type||Cancel Fee||Change Fee|
|Standard||$90 ($100 for phone or airport cancellations)||$90 ($100 for phone or airport cancellations)|
|Flight Flex||$90 ($100 for phone and airport)||$0 upto 24hours from departure|
Spirit Airline Baggage
- Personal Item: Spirit Airlines allows passengers to carry personal items which are within the dimensions of 45X35X20 cm.
- Carry-on Baggage: For your baggage to be qualified as carry-on baggage, it needs to fit within the dimensions of 56X46X25 cm.
- Checked Baggage: For your baggage to be qualified as checked-baggage, it needs to fit within the dimensions of 158 cm and must be under 18 kgs. If it exceeds these dimensions, it shall be treated as over sized baggage.
|Over sized Bag||62 (linear inches = length+breadth+height)||+$100 (Bag 1) +$150 (Bag over 80 in)|
|Overweight Bag||18 kg<wt||+35 (Bag 1) + $60 (Bag over 23 kg and below 32 kg) + $100 (Bag upto 45kg)|
Spirit Airline Pet Policy
- Spirit Airlines accepts small pets( dogs, cats and birds) who are allowed to travel in the customer cabin for a service fee. The fee is supposed to be paid at the time of reservation of the flight.
- You must carry your pet in a container that is well ventilated.
- You can only carry two pets in a container, given that they both are of the same species and the container should be designed in such a manner that the animal can both stand up, turn around and sit comfortably.
- The maximum container size could be: 18’’ length X 14’’ width X 9’’ height.
- You must not take out your pet from its container during the course of your flight.
- In order to be allowed to travel, your pet must be clean, inoffensive and harmless to the other travelers.
- Your dog or cat must be older than 8 weeks
- Guide dogs are allowed regardless of their weight and size.
- Spirit Airlines doesn’t allow pets to be transported in Cargo at any time.
Spirit Airline Pregnancy Policy
There are no restrictions for pregnant women who desire to fly, however, we would advise them to keep the following in mind:
- Schedule your flight: Pregnant women are generally advised to not travel before 12 weeks of their due date.
- If you are twenty eight weeks pregnant, you are expected to produce a medical checkup wherein you are deemed fit to travel.
- You are advised to carry your prescription medicines while travelling, in case of an emergency.
- You are advised to inform the airline prior to your travel so that they can make the necessary arrangements for you.
Spirit Airline Routes
Spirit Airlines operates in many destinations across the United States, the Caribbean and the Latin America. Given below are some of the popular routes Spirit Airlines fly their aircrafts in. Know more about all the destinations that are covered by the airlines below:
Spirit Airlines Route Map
Spirit Airline’ Hub
- Atlantic City
- Chicago O’ Hare
- Dallas/Fort Worth
- Fort Lauderdale
- Las Vegas
What are Spirit Air’s popular destinations and routes?
Spirit Airlines fly to around 75 destinations in the United States, amongst which Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Newark and Baltimore are the most popular destinations where the airlines fly their flight to. Recently, the airlines announced service to Charlotte, North Carolina through Charlotte Douglas International Airport.
Spirit Airline Seat Assignment Policy
Spirit Airlines will assign you a random seat but they do not guarantee that two or more people travelling together will get to sit together. However, seat assignment may be purchased starting from $5. You can also buy a Big Front Seat with more legroom for a higher price.
|Plane||Airbus A319 (319)||Airbus A320 (32A/32N)||Airbus A321 (32B)||Airbus A320 (32W)|
|Number of Seats||145||182||228||174|
|Big Front Seats||10||8||4|
|Deluxe Leather Seats||135 (2 non window last row seats)||175||224||174|
|Reserved for Passengers with Disabilities||9||12||12||12|
Spirit Airline Children Policy
Children Travelling Alone
- Spirit Airlines allows children from 5-14 years of age to travel alone on domestic direct flights.
- The minors aren’t allowed to travel on connecting flights, international flights.
- It is advised that the children check in the gate at least an hour before the departure of the flight.
- You shall have to pay the Unaccompanied Minor service fee and the person who is dropping off the minor has to stay for 15 minutes.
|Age of the Minor||Unaccompanied Minors|
|4 years and younger||Children 4 years old and younger are not allowed to travel alone. They must always be accompanied by someone who is at least 15 years of age.|
|5-14 years of age||Children who are below 14 years of age are treated as Unaccompanied Minors. They can only travel in either direct flights or flights that do not need a change of flight.|
Travel with Infants
- Infants 7 days or younger are not allowed to travel on Spirit Airlines flights.
- Infants who require incubators or other life-support systems are not allowed on the flight.
Spirit Airlines Reviews
Here are some of the screenshots of the reviews given by customers at www.tripadvisor.in.